Thursday, March 1, 2007

HYER MIKE

Below are two stories written by students in Ms. Opris' class
...they are patterned on the story of Cinderella!


by Jonathan, grade 4



Hi, I am Mike. I live in America. I live with my step-dad and step-brother. My dad is always telling me what to do.


I am a rock star. I have a really good friend who is a lizard. I talk to him every day.


One day my step-dad was going to a rock concert one day away. He told me to clean the whole house, then he and my step-brother left.


I was so angry I didn't want to obey my dad. So I just sat on my bed.


All of a sudden I saw the lizard. He held a small glass vial with green stuff in it.


The lizard said, "I found this but I can't read it." So I picked it up and read it. It said, "magic potion for super speed."


I was curious so I dumped it in my mouth and swallowed it. Then I passed out.


When I woke up I felt weird. The lizard was trying to wake me up. He said, "So you finally woke up."


I told him, "I feel like I can run miles." So the lizard and I went outside to see how fast I could run. I ran as fast as I could.


The lizard thought I had disappeared. I felt like I was running 200 miles an hour. I turned around and came back. The lizard was speechless.


Then I knew! It was the green potion. I remembered the rock star concert was almost on. I finally knew how to get to the show...


Run!! I picked up the lizard and I ran. I remembered I had a speedometer in my pocket. I turned it on and noticed I was running 356 miles an hour!!


I was sure it wouldn't take me that long. Finally I got there. I put a mask on that I bought on my way. I walked in just in time.


One minute before the end. I saw the President's daughter. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. When the concert ended the crowd forced me to move out the door.


Then I saw my dad and I grabbed my lizard and ran home. I lost my speedometer.


When dad got home I just barely finished the housework.


That night the President's daughter told some spies to find me. While they were looking they found my speedometer and they saw shoe rubber tracks. They followed the tracks and came to my house.


They knocked on the door and I answered it. They asked if I own the speedometer. I say, "Yes," and they took me to her house and I got married.