Sunday, October 7, 2007

JOY

JOY
By Sarah M. (10th grade)
I saw joy clearly
She was plump and round, but not at all ashamed of
her size that was so frequently laughed at.
She turned, her dark curls bouncing about, and
smiled with a glow I had never seen before.
Then I saw her eyes;
past the sparkle of beautiful green that shared love with the world.
I could see that her lifewas far from perfect.
There was pain in her past; that'swhy I didn't understand.
I heard her speak so gently, her loving words floated
across the room unheard by sadness and fury,
ignoredby loneliness and jealousy, and discarded by boredom
and doubt.
How could they not see as I did?
I felt so ignorant to have not noticed her before.
I hadbeen just like the others who never saw her true
beauty.
Her love astounded me: the gentleness of her
smile, the encouragement in her words, and the
excitement in her spirit.
She had chosen God's grace.
Chosen His grace over the sorrow that tried to conquer her life.
Her past was no longer her burden,
she was joy.