Wednesday, April 18, 2007

VARIATIONS ON "DREAM WOLF"

The story "Dream Wolf" tells how a wolf helps two lost Native American children return home. After reading the story, this is how some third graders used their imaginations to to find out how animals could help them if they were in trouble.


One day I was on a cruise and it was really stormy. A huge wave hit the ship, causing me to fall out of it and into the water. I was really terrified! I struggled for a couple of hours trying to keep my head above the water. Then I saw what appeared to be a shark fin. I tried to swim away but it just swam faster. Then it stuck its head out of the water and I realized that it was not a shark but a dolphin. I was relieved! It pushed me to land where the cruise had just gotten back. I was relieved to see my parents and they took me home. From that day on I never went on another cruise.

by Issac


"Help," I shouted as I walked through the dark, scary looking woods. "Help me, I'm lost!" Then I heard something creep up behind me. I spun around hoping to see someone familiar. There in front of my eyes was a fox. He was small but brave looking. I asked him if he knew the way out of the woods and he did/. He told me to get on his back so he could run to my home. As soon as we got out I noticed he looked quite skinny. I feed him some uncooked meat as a reward. Now every week on Saturdays I meet him in the woods and I play with him.

by Lexi